Monday, December 14, 2009

In Memory of Carter's Great Aunt (and John's Aunt) Susan

Some sad news today: Carter's Great Aunt Susan (John's Aunt) passed away. Carter got to meet her twice: once a few weeks before he was born and once when he was two months old. It is very sad that Carter will not get to know her better. It is also very sad for the rest of us.

Susan was (and is, from where she now looks down over us) a great person. I will always remember our many long and engaging conversations as that is how I knew her best: as a conversationalist. Willing to talk and listen, interested in most any topic, and knowledgeable about most everything. I will also always remember Susan for the way she took care of others. This is especially evident where, in her last years, when she was supposed to be taken care of, she was taking care of others, giving them an intelligent, well spoken voice when they could not provide their own. I wish that I knew I could face adversity half as well as she faced her adversities.

She will be dearly missed by all of us.

-John, Alicia, and Carter
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment